Monday, November 17, 2008

Wanda Comes Out!

Comic Wanda Sykes has come out. She says the passage of Proposition 8 - a same-sex marriage ban in California - has led to her be more outspoken about her sexual orientation. "You know, I don't really talk about my sexual orientation. I didn't feel like I had to. I was just living my life, not necessarily in the closet, but I was living my life," she said at a gay rights rally in Las Vegas on Saturday, The Associated Press reports. "Everybody that knows me personally they know I'm gay. But that's the way people should be able to live their lives," she said. The New Adventures of Old Christine actress said Prop 8 made her feel like she was "attacked." "Now, I gotta get in their face," Sykes said. "I'm proud to be a woman. I'm proud to be a black woman, and I'm proud to be gay."
source

No comments:

AdBrite 2