Monday, December 15, 2008

Paula Is Not Being Kicked Off Idol


American Idol producer Ken Warwick says that Paula Abdul's job is safe.
"There's never ever been any discussion that we would want to get rid of Paula, even if there were people in production that didn't like her," Warwick told Usmagazine.com during a Monday conference call.

"And Simon [Cowell]'s one of them. He waffles in and out, he likes her one minute, he loves her the next, he can't stand her the next. America loves Paula, she's an integral part of this program and as far as I'm concerned I hope she's there 'til the day it comes off the air," Warwick added.

The producer called Abdul "one of the foundation blocks of this series, and I certainly would not want to lose her and I don't think America would want to lose her either. She keeps Simon well in control and she's worth her weightin gold in that alone."

Warwick also said that Abdul never told producers about prior problems with longtime stalker Paula Goodspeed before her audition. "I can absolutely put my hand on my heart and say, 'well I didn't know' and that's the truth," Warwick told Us. "If I'd thought anyone was dangerous for any reason, I would not let them in."

He told Us that Abdul might have mentioned it to security, but he personally knew nothing about it nor did anyone who had the authority to do something.
source

No comments:

AdBrite 2