Sunday, January 4, 2009

Barack Obama Moves His Family to Washington

President-elect Barack Obama landed in Washington D.C. today where he joined his wife and two daughters ahead of his inauguration later this month.

"Well guys, I am looking forward to seeing you guys in Washington. I gotta say I choked up a little bit leaving my house today," Obama said while on a plane to D.C.

Michelle Obama flew into the capital a day earlier along with daughters Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7, who are scheduled to begin classes Monday at the prestigious Sidwell Friends School, which has become famous for educating the children of U.S. presidents.

"Malia's friend had dropped off an album of the two of them together. They had been friends since preschool and I just looked thru the pages and the house was empty and it was a little tough, it got me," the President-elect said.

The incoming first family's temporary home will be the luxurious Hay-Adams Hotel, which overlooks their permanent home -- The White House -- where the family will move after the January 20 inauguration. The Obamas had been vacationing in Hawaii over the holidays.
source

No comments:

AdBrite 2