Wednesday, January 28, 2009

'The Biggest Loser' Is Over for Daniel Wright


The orange team comprised of Daniel Wright, the heaviest-ever "The Biggest Loser" contestant, and David Lee were the losers last night when they were sent home from the ranch.

Even though Daniel had lost 60 pounds in his four weeks at the ranch --12 of those the week he was voted off -- because of his large size, his percentage of weight loss for the fourth week put him below the yellow line. He says going into the vote, he knew he was going home.

"Although, I was the biggest contestant and there was some sympathy, it came down to Bob's team was going to vote for Bob's team and Jillian's team was going to vote for Jillian's team, and they had one more vote," Daniel says.

But the good news is that Daniel has continued to make stellar inroads in his battle with the bulge for a total weight loss to date of 101 pounds.

"I am off my diabetes medicine and I have almost gotten rid of my sleep apnea," he says. "It was phenomenal to hear I didn't have to take my medicine any more. I hate taking pills. I have since I was kid."

Even though he has been successful at home, Daniel says it hasn't been easy for him. The hardest part has been making good decisions about food. He wants to win the $100,000 prize for the at-home "Biggest Loser," so he is trying to mirror what happens at the ranch, which is five meals a day with a limited number of calories.

Daniel says the advantage of four weeks at the ranch was the push he received from trainer Jillian Michaels. It was Jillian's pushing him to the ends of his limits that made him understand that his issues with food are personal.

"She is like 5-feet nothing, and for some reason I am terrified of this woman," he admits. "At the point that I was really afraid, I got this image, I am on 'The Biggest Loser,' I have been getting beaten up by Jillian for two hours and the one thought that was in my head when I was on the treadmill and fell was that I would like to be at home eating ice cream on my couch. What that really helped me realize was, 'Wow! When I am afraid of things or when life gets difficult, I run to food.' That was a big realization for me. I never wanted to admit I was an emotional eater."

"The Biggest Loser: Couples" airs Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. on NBC.
source&source

No comments:

AdBrite 2