Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chris Brown's Step-Dad Comments On The Rihanna Incident

Chris Brown's former stepfather -- whom the singer has accused of abusing his mother -- is speaking out about Brown's Sunday morning arrest for allegedly assaulting girlfriend Rihanna.

When asked by Access Hollywood if he believed Brown hurt Rihanna, Donnelle Hawkins says, "I wouldn't be surprised."

"He (Chris) has to take responsibility for his own actions." Hawkins adds.

In a 2007 interview with Giant magazine, Brown reveals that, when he was 11, he told his mother he would go to jail for killing his allegedly abusive stepfather.

"He used to hit my mom...He made me terrified all the time, terrified like I had to pee on myself," Brown told Giant. "I remember one night he made her nose bleed. I was crying and thinking, 'I'm just gonna go crazy on him one day...' I hate him to this day."

But Hawkins says the abuse claims are untrue.

"There was a lot of arguing between his mom and I," he says. "I never raised a hand at his mom." "We [Brown's mother and I] argued frequently," Hawkins continued. "As far as physical abuse, there was no physical abuse.

"I spanked Chris one time," he says.

He was mad at his mom for leaving his dad, so I became the scapegoat," Hawkins goes on. "No matter how much I tried to be a father figure, nothing worked."
source

No comments:

AdBrite 2