Monday, March 2, 2009

'American Idol''s Kris Allen First Interview


America hadn't seen much of Kris Allen when he performed in last Wednesday's "American Idol" competition round, but even though he had been in the background during the elimination process, he still made it through to the Top 12.

Of course, it didn't hurt that judge Simon Cowell commented, "I think the chicks are really going to dig you."

"I'm not going to lie. You know it probably helped," admits Kris, who went to the audition because his brother wanted to try out. He also says he was really shocked when he heard his name called.

"Group two was just really, really good and a lot of talented people. I felt like anybody had a shot, so I felt really, really lucky to actually make it through with all those other people," he says.
Kris, of course, performed Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror," and was a little concerned because just the week before, judge Paula Abdul had commented that singing a Michael Jackson song is like a kiss of death.
"You know it was a little scary, but I was really confident in what I was doing. "I was just really, really happy that I didn't get any comparisons to him, "Kris says. "I didn't want anybody to compare me to Michael Jackson, so I'm glad that I accomplished that."

So what is Kris' plan for the rest of the competition? "I am going to take songs and make them my own. That's all that I think any of us can do," he adds.
source

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wish the crowd wouldn't "boo" whenever Simon says anything; he tells it like it is much better than the other judges

AdBrite 2