Friday, March 13, 2009

Patrick Swayze Speaks Out About Negative Stories In The Enquirer

Patrick Swayze is slamming the National Enquirer and other media outlets for reporting what he calls “inaccurate” details about him nearing “the end” of his battle with cancer.

The actor, 56, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year, has continuously tackled the Enquirer and other media outlets for printing what he has dismissed as little more than negative rumors.

On Wednesday, the Enquirer ran several photos of the Ghost actor appearing gaunt on the front cover of the magazine under the headline “The End.”

Counteracting the report, Swayze spoke out to People magazine, saying, “It's amazing to me that the tabloids such as the National Enquirer print such negative stories about me and my health when there are so many positive things going on in my life right now. I've started a new chemotherapy and, once again, I am one of the lucky ones with pancreatic cancer that is responding well to the treatment.

"I hope in the future, the press will think twice about printing inaccuracies and painting an unpleasant picture when I have so much to be thankful for at this time."
source

No comments:

AdBrite 2