Monday, January 26, 2009

Oprah Winfrey "Amused" She Was Considered for Open Senate Seat

Will Oprah Winfrey trade her seat as a talk show host for one on the United States Senate?

"Absolutely not," she said Monday, after hearing that Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich considered appointing her to President Barack Obama's now-vacant spot in the Senate.

"I would have said, ‘Where would I fit it in with my day job? My mid-day job, my night job, my radio job, my magazine job?'" Winfrey said to her friend Gayle King on King's Sirius radio show.

During a visit to ABC's Good Morning America to defend his innocence in connection with accusations he tried to auction off the open Senate seat, Blagojevich said he thought she would be a fitting replacement.

"She seemed to be someone who had helped Barack Obama in a significant way to become President," he said.

Where was Winfrey when she heard the news?

"My plan was to get up and watch Good Morning America and work out and then I just thought, 'Let me just lay here another half hour.' If I had been watching, as I normally watch — from the treadmill, I would have fallen off the treadmill," Winfrey said. "I’m pretty amused by the whole thing."

Although Winfrey has no plans to go into politics, she does think she's qualified.

"I think I could be Senator too," the talk show host said on The Gayle King Show. "I’m just not interested."
source

No comments:

AdBrite 2