Sunday, February 8, 2009

Billy Ray Cyrus Speaks Out About Fire that Ended Concert

Country singer Billy Ray Cyrus is praising firefighters and thanking fans for support after a fire cut short a concert being filmed for "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."

"I want to thank the Hesperia fire and police departments and everyone who helped get all of us to safety. You were amazing!" Cyrus said in a statement.

A rep for ABC told said on Saturday that a chimney fire broke out during the shoot, but there were no injuries and all the spectators were safely evacuated from the concert, which was hosted by Jim and Gail Hasty at their Boulder Creek Ranch property in Hesperia, CA.

"My heart goes out to Jim and Gail Hasty and everyone at Boulder Creek Ranch. Jim and Gail were so gracious to open up their ranch so we could pay tribute to a very special family. I am so sorry for their loss."

"I also want to thank all my fans for coming out and showing their support - I can't thank you enough! I look forward to coming back to Hesperia to play for all of you soon!" Cyrus said.
source

No comments:

AdBrite 2