Thursday, February 5, 2009

Holly Madison Explains Why She Left Her Job At Playboy

"I quit for several reasons," the 29-year-old -- who served as the magazine's "Playmate Editor" -- blogged on her Celebrity MySpace page Wednesday night under the title "Annoying!!!!"

"One: I moved to Vegas, and that job doesn't pay enough to make a commute worthwhile," she writes. Beau Criss Angel -- whom she's been dating from her October split from Hef -- performs his illusionist show five nights a week at the Luxor Hotel.

She continues: "I never cared about the salary when I got the job. I made my money doing Girls Next Door, and I did the job because I loved it."

Madison also says she "no longer found it challenging" finding the babes to fill Playboy's pages.
"It got to be routine, which was sad for me, since I was initially so passionate about the job and the creative aspects involved," she says.

Plus working with her ex "was awkward. Not that anyone tried to make it awkward or didn't treat me fairly...it just was."

Madison defends her gig as real.

"It annoys me when people call the job fake, as if it was just a set up for the show. If I had wanted a fake career for Girls Next Door, I would have stuck with the jewelry line because that required very little of my time," she says. "I spent way more than full time directing shoots, editing, making mock layouts and approving retouching."

She continues: "So as you can imagine, when one is trying to move on with their life, it isn't beneficial to spend so much time on something that doesn't pay much and, sadly enough, is no longer rewarding to you.
source

No comments:

AdBrite 2