Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jewel Sidelined From Dancing With the Stars


Jewel may not be doing the jig after all.

The singer, 34, blogs that she has tendonitis in her knees, and she may be forced to scrap her gig on the new season of ABC's Dancing With the Stars, debuting March 9.

"I guess I really over did it on the rehearsal front!" she writes. "My knees have been hurting so badly that I finally broke down and talked to [husband Ty Murray's] knee doctor yesterday. He said I have tendonitis in my knees and that I have to start a course of medicine to try and bring the swelling down. Yuck! It's mainly my left knee, and I can't believe I hurt it so badly."

She says her husband had warned her about overdoing it.

Adds the singer, "Now he got a big ol' 'I told you so' in!'"

She says she can't dance for the next couple days.

"It was just so fun to dance 8 hours a day," she says, adding that she only had three weeks to cram for her first dance, the cha cha, and "learn the fundamentals of about 6 other dances."

"Now I'm just worried I won't even be able to dance!" she says.

Joking, Jewel adds, "Hopefully these steroids will really do the trick and I can keep bad flare ups at a bay in the future."
source

No comments:

AdBrite 2