Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Real Housewives Of NYC's Bethenny Talks About New Season--Starting Tonight!

When it comes to backstabbing and gossiping behind each others backs, nobody does it as well as The Real Housewives of New York City.

Gotham's favorite frenemies are back for a new season and this time there's even more drama with the addition of model Kelly Killoren Bensimon.

"Whenever you have five women and you add another one, you're always going to have a new dynamic," celebrity chef Bethenny Frankel tells Star. Here, Bethenny dishes on dating, the new housewife and more!

Congrats on Season 2. Tell us what to expect.

There are a couple of big fights this year and they are surprising ones. Your eyeballs will be falling out of your head and your jaw will be dropping! It's real drama that you can relate to but you can't believe it's happening.

You are hilarious!

Everyone's calling me the queen of the one-liners. I have the ability to organize a thought and get it on my tongue at the exact same time. I'm lucky.

Will you be dating on the show?

Of course you'll see me dating! Have we met?! I have a lot of stuff going on. I don't know what kind of man can keep up with me.

Are you scared that the show will put off any possible suitors?

Anybody who would be real excited to do this... those would be like the 24-year-old guys who are on The Hills. That's the person I would be scared of.

Tell us about the new housewife, Kelly.

I didn't really know her. I had met her maybe a dozen times at different events and such. We run in different crowds. I just know of her.

How do you get along?

We're two strong women about town in New York. Do the math.

Any advice for a newcomer?

You gotta play the game. We have a camaraderie, we all started this together and we didn't know what was going to come of it. We didn't know it was even going to be called Real Housewives! I always say, "Don't hate the player, hate the game." You signed up for a reality show, this is not ... I mean, myself included, there's something crazy about anyone who would do this sort of thing. So anyone who is coming into it will have to accept it for what it is and play along because it's an ensemble cast, it's a reality show. This is not a normal, serious documentary. There's going to be a lot of antics, a lot of drama. Truth is stranger that fiction. If you're not willing to play along, you know... it doesn't work for everybody.


How real is the show?

It's real and people are just not self-aware and they don't realize how they come off or they try to manufacture who they want to be. You can't manufacture who you want to be. Be yourself, but I don't know if you'll be interesting. People want to watch five lunatics in Manhattan go at it!
source

No comments:

AdBrite 2